Thank you for supporting all the small businesses in St. Michaels!
For an updated listing of Merchants or more information, please got to https://stmichaelsgiftcard.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can a customer find the available balance of the gift card?
The value of the gift card will be written on the back of the gift card and may be listed with the materials that came with the gift card at the time of purchase. Other options include calling the number on the back of the gift card or check www.getmybalance.com.
2. What if the gift card is declined?
If a transaction is declined, the customer should check the balance (see, “How can a customer find the available balance on the gift card?”), tell the cashier how much is available on the gift card to use towards the purchase, and pay the remainder with another form of payment.
3. How are returns, exchanges, or disputes handled?
Merchants may credit gift cards, subject to their return policy, back to the gift card used to make the original purchase. For this reason, it is very important that customers keep gift cards and receipts. Funds credited by the merchant will be available 3-5 days after the return is processed. If the gift card is not present, the merchant may issue a store credit, store valued gift card or exchange. Please note that voided transactions may take up to 7 days to be credited back to the gift card’s available balance.
4. How can a customer track activity on the gift card?
Transaction history is available through www.getmybalance.com
5. Can the cardholder re-load the gift card by putting more money on it?
No, the gift card is not re-loadable. However, returns and credits can be applied.
6. What if the gift card is physically damaged?
Call the number on the back of the gift card.
7. Who should a customer contact if the gift card status reads, “inactive,” when funds should be available?
Please call the number on the back of the gift card for more information.
8. Can other forms of payment be used with the gift card when making a purchase?
Yes. The customer should inform the cashier how much to deduct from the gift card and how much to deduct from the other payment method(s). Please note that some stores are not able to split purchases between gift cards and credit or debit cards. In these cases, a customer may need to pay the difference in cash or check.
9. Can the gift card be used at an ATM, “Pay at the Pump Gasoline,” or gratuities?
No. The gift card cannot be used at ATMs, Pay at Pump Gasoline, or for tips or gratuities.
10. Can the gift card be personalized or embossed with the recipient’s name?
No. One of the safety features of the gift card is its consistent appearance. At this time, gift cards cannot be personalized or embossed with any recipient’s name.
11. Can the gift card be used online, for mail orders, or phone order purchases?
No. The gift card will decline if these types of purchases are attempted.
12. What should a customer do with the gift card once the funds are depleted?
Keep the gift card, even after the balance is depleted, in case items need to be returned. A merchant might ask a customer to present the gift card as proof of purchase.
For all other questions regarding the gift card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to provide the sixteen (16) digit card number.